Wednesday, June 02, 2010

From the Kentucky Cam

We seriously need to start a blog specifically with photos of what we
see on a daily basis. I can't even begin to number the times I've
gone "drat! If only I had a camera in my back pocket!" I need to
start carrying one everywhere.

From the KY cam this weekend if we had photos to share. We'll just
pretend.
- A pickup with two kids in the back on highway 421, one of them
playing his guitar en-route. Awesome. (hick or country chic? Chic.
They looked like they were having a blast.)
- A bare-backed dirtbike rider also on highway 421 (hick or country
chic? Hick. Just ewe, really.)

- From the phone lines - while calling around to get family based
resources here in Leslie County - I was rushed off the phone by one
organization because she was "trying to win $1,000 on a local radio
station and - oh! They're at number 98!". Dial tone while someone on
the other line was trying to call in... Really? Really?! Someone
wants to write up your organization in a resource guide, and all you
can think about is the missed opportunity to win $1000. wow.

And that's the news here from Southeast Kentucky. Oh - and we're
almost ready to move into our house! The floors look great, and the
appliances come in the next week or two (Thanks Josh!).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me. It will make my day.