Saturday, January 09, 2010

Cold feet in Kentucky!


Slippers have almost become a verb in our house. The floors are very very cold, since they're not carpeted, and the basement isn't heated.
They're the first thing I think about in the morning when my feet hit the cold floor, and one of the last before I go to bed, when I kick them out from under the covers.

We have the girls put them on early in the day too, or else we hear "mama, I'm told". (yes, her c's are still t's, and it's adorable - part of me hopes she never outgrows it!)

Right now, here's what we're sporting - a combination of wal-mart $5.99 specials, Robeez, hand-me-downs, and kohls "whatever was on sale". They were assembled in very short order right after we moved in. The labels don't matter- they're warm, and that's what matters!

I'm actually looking forward to the day mine wear out so I can put a little more thought into the purchase of new ones - like these here - for a mere $2 more than what I spent. Or these.

Here's hoping that your feet are cozy and warm tonight!


2 comments:

  1. I'm a slipper fanatic. My feet get cold way too easily. And Allie still says "told" for cold, too! It's cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the picture! And it's true, I'm not sure how I would survive the winter without my clogs. I'm not always where I take them off, but somehow they always end up on my feet when I get home or up in the morning...

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me. It will make my day.