Friday, March 25, 2011

taking risks.


Can I just say how refreshing it is not to design and outfit a house based on resale value? Since we knew we would eventually sell our house in Chicago, we always had it in the back of our mind that we needed to keep things neutral and versatile. Pair that with an early 2000's fascination with Pottery Barn, and you've got a lot of beige. A lot of sepia. A lot of black and white. A whole lotta blah. (A short side note. I'm not dissing monochromatic schemes. My friend Amy can pull off an amazing monochromatic room. But she's an interior designer with some seriously great taste and creativity. Need I say more?)

Neutral no more I say! No, I shout. Can't you tell with the exclamation point? Maybe I did stay up too late doing taxes last night. And maybe I have had too much coffee today. Moving on.

Since having little people in our lives, we've naturally had more color instilled in our day-to-day living. I started realizing that I really enjoyed more color in our lives. So I've embraced my inner child, and started using more color. Colors that make me happy.

That is why our kitchen window frame is turquoise. And yes, I do realize that turquoise is SO 2010. But I really don't care. I usually catch onto things when they're heading out of style anyhow.

1 comment:

  1. Great choice on the fabric -- I love it! It looks like the perfect cheerful spot to do the dishes.

    And hurray for not having to worry about resale!

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me. It will make my day.