Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Has it really been since August...

This is for Sam - who is as I type on his way to Chicago for a week of work with superstar Jimi Allen on he and Kate's beautiful home. 

He's been loving the work up there (it's finish work - his favorite!)  but struggling with the time away from home, me and the girls. We went up together with the girls the last time and it certainly helped -- but this week we're back to Sam in Chi-land, and I and the girls in KY. So far we're planning: movie night (tomorrow), cupcake and ice cream for dinner night (Friday), and paint your nails night (Sat). The weekend will fly and starting Tuesday we have family coming in for Thanksgiving, so all we really need to do is get through to the end of the week. 

In the meantime, I'm going to be all sappy and post the words to our first dance... almost ten years later, I'm still so happy that he's strong when I'm weak, the words when I can't speak...and the anchor of my soul. Love you and missing you tonight.

You are the air I need to breathe
the river of life inside of me
you are the half that made me whole
you are the anchor of my soul

and you are strong when I am weak
you are the words when I can't speak
you never fail to see me through
that's the love I found in you

you are my shelter from the storm
you are the road that leads me home
and baby with you here face to face
Oh I know I've found my place

and you are strong when I am weak
you are the words when I can't speak
you never fail to see me through
that's the love I found in you

and once in every life
you find the one that's right
and when you say forever it's true
That's the love I found in you


No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me. It will make my day.