Monday, March 29, 2010

decorating for Easter.





I'm helping get the church decked out for Easter, and I turned to Nettleton Hollow to get some fresh ideas. I ended up with some twisted willow, myrtle, and craspedia. My inspiration is the photo here that shows the myrtle mixed in with the willow. The yellow is to give a little pop. I'm tired of silk flowers and fake things, so here's some of the real deal to make spring come alive in our church - and since I believe that everything is somehow connected - in our lives and hearts as well. Beauty affects so much.


I was reminded of that while reading the book that I posted about last. Beauty can speak volumes as it touches a tender chord in our hearts. Especially as women. We are put together in such a way to want to be beautiful and create beauty out of our lives and the things that we touch. Whatever your style of beautiful - modern or folksy, whatever it be, each of us has something that moves us and makes us feel like we've created loveliness. And hopefully that's what we're going to create here in the church this Easter when we're celebrating the resurrection of our Jesus. He deserves lovely. And a whole lot more.


The dude behind Nettleton is very nice to work with. I'll update this post after I get the actual product, but Justin was super helpful, responded immediately to my email (which lamented the fact that they were out of myrtle, asking if they had any sad seconds in stock), and immediately replied that he did think they had a sad leftover that they would pop in the order as a freebie. Sure, I might need to hot glue a few pieces on here and there, but I'm confident that it will work, one way or the other, even if it's just the willow and the craspedia. Their blog is fabulous with so many decorating ideas for weddings and events! You can visit it through their website.


How are you decorating for spring?


sorry my images didn't post first time around! Here they are!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me. It will make my day.