Tuesday, March 30, 2010

thanks for our new house.

Here's a page from another great book from my Mom. It's called Thanks
for Thanksgiving, and this page and the feel of the illustrations
reminds me of the feel of our new house we're working on. In fact,
there's actually a window to the left of the fireplace exactly like
the "cuddling" page. And a staircase just like this one.

Today we spent the morning at Lowes, finalizing our kitchen pieces.
We're doing a combination of custom built-ins thanks to Sam, and pre-
constructed cabinets from Lowes. They have bead board fronts, and
look very charming. We're doing white cabinets with wood butcher
block counters. And lots and lots of open shelving. Lots. It's going
to be great. I'm so thankful. After a few months of living in a
kitchen with about 36 inches of counter space and no dishwasher,
we're going to feel like kings to even just have a dishwasher, let
alone four bedrooms and a new kitchen. Wowsers.

Real pictures of the house to come soon. I promise it's not just in
my imagination.
Actually, here's two to tickle your brains.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me. It will make my day.